8.30.2010

Mermaid Boots

Yesterday I got a card in the mail from my mother. Since yesterday was Sunday and the mail doesn’t come on Sundays, I probably didn’t really get it yesterday. It could have landed there anytime in the past three weeks, because, basically, I’m a failure at checking my mailbox. If I wait long enough, surely I’ll have something fun mixed in with all those bills. Right? Yes! Exhibit A:

If you were a mermaid wouldn’t you catch a ride on a seahorse and wear starfish in your hair? I would wear an octopus on my head and tie two of its tentacles in a bow under my chin. How would we wear boots? Nevermind. I don’t want to be a mermaid anymore. Do you? Circle yes or no.

Love,
Your Mother

I circled no. Did you? Because if I were a mermaid I wouldn’t be able to wear tights or boots or paint my toesies. And even though I would have long long wavy hair, I just don’t think it would be worth it. Nevermind. Maybe it would.  Do you love my mother? Me too.  Mermaids are everywhere.  You just have to know where to look.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Sometimes yourmother is nuttier than she thinks.