4.11.2010

Peace Out, Toast!

Sometimes I get mad at Rex for playing with the strings on my blinds. He does it for attention, and it always works. I can’t stand the tapping of the plastic pulls against the walls, so I inevitably get up to get him and he makes a great game of it. Today, I decided to sit back and observe the blind string game and I realized that it actually is a lot of fun for Rex and his kitty paws. He had them going in circles and I’m pretty positive that the purpose of the game was to knock them over the handle of my back door, which he did. And then he carried on with his other very important cat activities – like taking a tiger snooze and putting his paws underneath my laptop and resting his chin on some buttons.

Nobody came over for cookies today – party poopers! – but I did have a lovely brunch date with my favorite person. Ryan and I met at this sweet little Huntersville house-turned-restaurant called Toast. I drove right past it, and when I turned around, I wasn’t really sure where I was. I knew where I was supposed to be, but something just didn’t feel right. I pulled into the back parking lot next to Ryan’s Jeep, and figured he was already inside getting our table. So I get out, and there he is, walking toward me. The front parking lot is eerily empty for a Sunday. Hmm. Toast is closed. Shut down. Over. No more. This was a big bummer for us, but we made the most of the moment and stood in the sunshine and hugged. We hugged and hugged and hugged and it was the yummiest brunch-time hug ever. Peace out, Toast. We hope you are in a better place now.

We decided to go to Panera and then migrated over to Northlake Mall. We were window shoppers today and I took mental notes of all the fabulous things that I’m going to buy when I win the lottery. The list includes things that really aren’t that fabulous (like $25 Nike running shorts). Actually, I think that’s the list. Right there. One item. I’m doing good. I haven’t been clothes shopping in a long long time, and I don’t even really have that itch. It might come soon though because I need a haircut. And everyone needs a new outfit, new mascara, and new blush when they get a haircut. Obviously.

About my chores from yesterday … they may or may not get done. It’s too Sunday of a Sunday to busy myself with that nonsense. You know?

No comments: