5.06.2010

Oh, The Cinco

Yesterday everyone was asking me for advice about good Mexican restaurants, wondering if I’d eaten chips and salsa, and if I planned on drinking a margarita. What? I don’t eat Mexican food. No. And no! And then it was about 3:00 in the afternoon when I said to myself, “Self, it is Cinco de Mayo. That is why all of these strange topics keep arising today.”

On top of Cinco de Mayo, it was also Ryan’s friend James’ birthday. We met him and his wife Shannon at RiRa – an Irish restaurant that had a fiery accident about 9 months ago. It has been completely redone with beautiful wood floors, black and white tiled bathrooms, and fabulous chandeliers and light fixtures. Shame on me for not bringing my camera. After a quick birthday cheers and some hugs, James and Shannon scurried off to dinner, and Ryan and I went next door to Town Tavern to hear some acoustic tunes. Our favorite song was “Bye, Bye, Bye” by NSync. The guy did such an amazing job with it – it sounded nothing like a boy band cover and it made everyone giggle a little when he started playing it. After Town Tavern, we walked over to BlackFinn for dinner. I claimed non-hunger, which is very typical of me, and then ravished through a plate of broccoli and a side of rosemary new potatoes in about three minutes. We sat outside and watched the city life move past us as we tried to figure out the relationship status of the people at the tables around us. Do you do this? It’s so fun.

Can you believe it? Tomorrow is already Friday! Aren’t you just pleased as punch to have the weekend right around the corner? Me too!

No comments: