3.29.2010

Go 360

Image from Walgreens

Ashley and I decided to try the new L'Oreal Go 360 Deep Facial Cleanser. It is supposed to give you a pore by pore cleansing experience. Have you heard of this? It comes with the little scrublet – oh, how I love the word “scrublet”! – stuck right into the middle of the bottle, which is pretty fabulous. I thought the scrublet would be firmer, but I’m very pleased with its sea creature like qualities and bendy materials. Actually, if you have ever used a Colgate 360 toothbrush, the scrublet feels exactly like the tongue scraper cleaner thing on the back, just in a larger version. The face wash comes in four different varieties, but after debating between the exfoliating cleanser and what seemed like the “normal” variety, we both opted for the normal deep clean cleanser (the green one). We figured the scrublet would do the exfoliating for us, and that adding sand, rocks, dirt, and other such rough ingredients to the mix would be a little bit of exfoliate overkill. Plus, I’m typically 100% committed to St. Ives Apricot Scrub – which I hear is horrible for your skin – but I’ve been using it every day for about eight years now and I still have a face. Surprise!

Although I’ve only used it twice, I think I am going to be pretty good friends with Mr. Scrublet and his face wash friend. It leaves my skin feeling tight and dry and squeaky clean (which I also hear is supposed to be really bad for your skin, but that’s how I like it, okay?). It smells fresh and shampoo-ish, but, if we are being honest, I can’t really figure out how I’m supposed to use it …

Dear My Big Sister Ashley,

How do you like your scrublet? And what steps do you take to use it? Do you:
1) Wet your face.
2) Pour a small amount of face wash into your hand.
3) Rub it on your face.
4) Scrub your scrublet on your face.
5) Rinse.

Or do you:
1) Wet your face.
2) Pour a small amount of face wash onto your scrublet.
3) Scrub your scrublet on your face.
4) Rinse.

Or do you do it totally different? I’m sure it produces the same results, but I want to make sure we do it the same way because I want to be just like you. Also, do you know why it is called 360? It makes me feel like the scrublet should be two-sided or maybe something with circles should happen. Am I supposed to scrub my scrublet in circles? Did you notice that there are NO directions on the back? Oh my. What’s a girl to do?! And do you love the word "scrublet” as much as I do?  It sounds so precious, and I just want to eat it up.

Love,
Your Sister Tess

2 comments:

ashley said...

Option 2. But I think I get the scrublet wet first (not so much my face) like I do with my toothbrush before I brush my teeth. I've only done it twice, also, so I don't think I have the technique down. I wish it came with directions too... and an explanation of the 360!

best online drug store said...

Go 360° Clean Deep Facial Cleanser during Sensitive Skin The Deep Facial Cleanser for Sensitive Skin is a cleanser free cream cleanser that treats delicate skin with extra subtle consideration. The scent-free, frothing equation highlights glycerin and shea margarine to condition, while delicately cleansing skin of soil and cosmetics.
Retino AC Gel-this cream also used in skin problems.