2.23.2010

Scarf Obsession

I have a borderline unhealthy obsession with scarves. So much so that if I’m not wearing a scarf, a pair of simple stud earrings, and a ring, my day feels totally incomplete. This is part of the reason why I’m dreading summer. How is a girl supposed to rock her scarves in 97 degree weather? Are you thinking that maybe I have a strange growth on my neck – like a snake head or something – that I’m trying to cover up with my scarves? I don't. It’s true. My neck is 100% normal and maybe even could be classified in the above average range depending on how tough of a neck critic you are. I just like scarves, okay? So let’s go ahead and drop the whole “snake head coming out of my neck” bit.

I’ve already told you about my alphabet scarf, but did you know about my closet organizer that holds my 234 other scarves? I don’t really have that many, but my collection seems to expand weekly nowadays.


I got my organizer from IKEA, and although I am pretty satisfied with it, I can’t help but think it could be better. It weighs a ton and with scarves spilling out the sides, top, and bottom, it just takes up SO much room. Do you have any suggestions? Maybe I just need a new closet. My guest room closet houses my wide array of coats, scarves, purses, giraffe luggage, storage boxes, and travel bags, along with my desk chair, vacuum cleaner, and steam iron. That’s a lot. I hate it. It makes me want to cry when I think about it. Also, I want to cry when I think about my two bedroom closets. They’re just impossible. Even color coded by sleeve length, I think they are disastrous.

Dear Wish Granter,
Could you please send me some magic closets? K, thanks.
Love,
Tess

Did you know that this WHOLE entire post was written so that I could show you this scarf that I want from Anthropologie? I love it. But I can’t decide what color.


Basically, I love everything from Anthropologie. I’ll take one of each, please. Luckily, sometimes it is Christmas and your boyfriend buys you some items from there but one sweater has a missing string, so you have to return it, but they don’t have your size, so you sulk for a minute, and then they give you a gift card, and you have had it for close to three months because you want to wait to get something you absolutely LOVE, and I think this is one of those items.

No comments: