2.16.2010

My Lovely Love Weekend

I really love loving these girls. They’re the sweetest things and such wonderful friends - I feel so lucky to be able to surround myself with their laughter and kindness, even if it is only once or twice a year. We are all so different, and it is such an adventure when we all get together to celebrate the birthdays and weddings and babies that seem to keep popping up.


Even though it is Tuesday, I’m still stuck in my memories of this weekend . So many amazing things happened in my short 48 hours of worklessness that I haven’t quite had the chance to take it all in. Surely, though, it was one of my favorites in a long long time. Here are some little scoops of what happened:
  • On Friday night, we get lots of snow that I didn't really think would come. I pack and head to Ryan’s in unsafe driving conditions.
  • I wake up at 3am and text my plane to see if it has been delayed. Did you know you can text your plane? You can, and it will text you back too!
  • According to the plane, everything is good to go, so I wake up at 5 and prepare myself for the day.
  • Ryan drops me off at the airport after a car ride spent talking about gas prices. We are old.
  • My plane texts me right after I go through security and tells me there is an hour delay. Ugh.
  • I eat a yogurt parfait and drink water while talking to my sister, Stacey, and Meghan. I love my early rising friends! Thanks for entertaining me while I waited.
  • I land in Richmond and Sarah and Siobhan pick me up and we waste about 30 minutes trying to find a Starbucks.
  • I see the girls and we chit chat and eat more yogurt and head to the baby shower.
  • We shower Mandy and her twins with love and gifts and such.
  • Back at Mandy’s, we order four pizzas, eat them, sort baby gifts, organize baby closets, and say our goodbyes.
  • On Valentine’s Day, Mandy and I wake up and get coffee and hard bagels and I get to the airport just in time to board my plane.
  • Ryan picks me up at 10:30am and we have our best first Valentine’s Day ever.
  • We see the movie Valentine’s Day (appropriate for the holiday) at Mez and I was a big girl and drank my wine in the movie theater without having to eat any goldfish.
  • We eat a late lunch and take a tiger snooze and then I leave that night to prepare myself for the work week.
  • The end.
Do you know what a tiger snooze is? It’s just a snooze … that tigers do. Similar to a cat nap, but a little larger, and with stripes. Ryan and I enjoyed talking about them on Sunday. It was a good day. We were happy. And in love. And that’s how it should be. We took a picture of these birds in Mez because we would like to have them. Maybe in black. And on a different wall – preferably one that we will some day own.

No comments: