9.05.2010

I Lint Rolled My Cat

Week one of the new job is complete. It was a success. I made it ... yay! Mostly, I’ve been waking up at 5:20am, going to the gym, getting to work an hour too early, and then being super tired at night. So mostly I’ve been asleep before 8:00pm, which isn’t totally out of the norm for me, but it happened a handful of times this past week.

And then Ryan came home from New York (yes, another New York trip), and then it was the weekend. On Friday we laid around for a while and then walked to Libretto’s for a slice of pizza. Personally, I think they have the best pizza around – mainly because it is close, quick, crispy, not greasy, and topped with tomatoes, spinach, and mushrooms. Our waitress totally forgot that she had put our slices in the oven, and then she sat down and started reading a book. Our burnt pizza was replaced with fresh slices, and we lived happily ever after.

On Saturday we coffeed (yes, a verb), toasted, Targeted, pooled, and dinnered. Ryan is really good at making coffee and we like ours the same way – a little strong with a splash of cream. We both had big lists to tackle at Target, and we did so with ease. Then it was time to go to our friend Hannah’s pool. She lives a walkable distance from Ryan’s in a really nice, new, super stylish high rise. Hannah provided us with honey and sesame seed covered almonds from Trader Joe’s, and I promised to make everyone some pumpkin cookies. Mike, Chris, and Jason joined us, and even though the sun kept hiding from us, we had the perfect afternoon. The weather in Charlotte is finally becoming bearable now that we are into September, and I hope it stays so I can open my windows soon.

After the pool, Ryan and I went to dinner at Fleming’s, where he ate steak and potatoes (surprise!), I ate tomato and mozzarella (surprise!), and we shared macaroni and cheese. I also had some kind of fantastic cucumber drink. Even though our food was excellent, maybe next time we’ll just get cheesecake and chocolate lava cake. Yum! (Maybe next time we’ll take some pictures, too. I’ve been really bad at taking pictures lately. And by that I mean that I haven’t been taking any at all.)

Today Ryan is hosting his Fantasy Football draft at his place. It doesn’t make any sense to me, but I guess boys will be boys and waste lots of time on fake football that somehow translates into real football? I’ll waste my time window shopping, thank you very much. Today I have: 1) finished watching The Oxford Murders, which I fell asleep to after 25 minutes last night 2) lint rolled my cat and 3) bruised the nail of my pinky finger (items 2 and 3 are unrelated).  Today I have not:  1) showered.

No comments: