1.23.2010

Sweet Surprises

Ryan is back from New York, his big presentation is over, and I officially have my boyfriend back. Last night we ventured over to Birkdale and saw Up in the Air, which, with the exception of the ending, was very cute. While Ryan was buying tickets, I walked over to Starbucks for a Chai Tea Latte (with skim milk – in case you ever want to bring me one), and secretly purchased an oatmeal raisin cookie to snack on.

Usually it is an incredibly painful experience for me to sit through an entire movie, especially in a theater, with my overly sensitive ears and less than perfect vision. But, alas, I was a big girl, and made it all the way through the 120 minutes. Halfway through, I leaned over and whispered, “Is that George Clooney?” Ryan laughed and shook his head yes, and I said, “Oh. I think he’s hot.”  So while I was busy falling in love with GC while my boyfriend was sitting right next to me, I’d forgotten aout the cookie that was stashed away in my purse. Needless to say, when we left, I was very pleased with myself for having a cookie to eat when we got home.

Here’s what went down post-theater:

“I have a cookie!” I announced. “ I have a cookie! What do you have?!” Obviously, I knew he had nada. Zip. Nothing. And I had zero intentions of sharing my cookie, so I began skipping off to the car. I look back, and Ryan suddenly becomes very pleased with himself, smiling all big, and confidentely says, “I have Junior Mints!”

“Junior Mints?! You’re a liar!” I excitedly exclaim, astonished that he would make such a statement. He was wearing jeans, a plaid button up shirt, and a zip-up sweater jacket that surely had no room for a movie theater sized box of candy. “Show me!” I demanded. And so … are you ready for this? … still smiling, he simply hops up and down few times. And sure enough, the sound of Junior Mints clashing to and fro amidst their cardboard home is heard.

And home we went, to share our sweet surprises.


No comments: